While the world continues to experience the COVID-19 pandemic, Seychelles remains open to visitors and has put in place protocols to ensure safe travel and stay for its visitors.
Seychelles International Airport is now open for all scheduled commercial flights.
Within immediate effect, Seychelles is ready to welcome all visitors irrespective of their vaccination status on the condition that they have a COVID-19 negative PCR test certificate that must be taken within 72 hours prior to travel. However, visitors who have been in South Africa, Brazil, India, Bangladesh Nepal and Pakistan within the 14 days preceding arrival to Seychelles will unfortunately be restricted entry.
No quarantine is required for visitors entering Seychelles.
However, they are being strongly encouraged to be fully immunized before travel.
They are allowed free movement throughout their entire holiday but they must adhere to all public health measures. They also are free to stay at any health certified tourism accommodation establishment on the condition that they follow all health protocols that are in place at these establishments.
All visitors require a valid Health Travel Authorization (HTA) for entry into Seychelles. This must be done through the online portal at https://seychelles.govtas.com/.
Additional information and instructions are available on the portal, including support to provide specific clarifications.
All visitors are requested to adhere to all stated procedures in this advisory and ensure that all requirements are met prior to arrival, failing which, may result in restriction of entry.
Furthermore, please note that once visitors are in Seychelles, there are Public Health Measures in place to prevent the spread of Covid-19. A person who is fully vaccinated may still get infected, and infect others. It is therefore important that all visitors and residents follow all the public health and social measures in place. These include wearing face masks, maintaining adequate distance with others, avoiding crowded spaces and exercise good hygiene practices.
PRE – TRAVEL PROCEDURES
- All visitors including infants and children, regardless of vaccination status, must have a negative COVID-19 PCR test certificate from an accredited laboratory. Samples for this test must have been taken within 72 hours before departure.
- Visitors must have valid travel health insurance that covers, at minimum COVID-19 testing, isolation, quarantine and clinical care.
- Online Health Travel Authorization (HTA) is required prior to boarding flights to Seychelles. Visitors must submit their negative PCR test results, flight and accommodation details for HTA before departure. Visitors must submit their application for approval through the designated platform at this link: – https://seychelles.govtas.com/.
- Upon check in, all visitors coming to Seychelles must show approved Health Travel Authorisation (HTA) to their respective airline companies for verification.
- Visitors who have been to South Africa, Brazil, India, Bangladesh Nepal and Pakistan within 14 days preceding arrival to Seychelles will NOT be authorised entry. Whereas if they have stayed at least 14 days in another country and have a negative PCR test result taken within 72 hours before travel, they will be allowed entry into Seychelles. However, they must provide proof of their stay in that other country.
- Visitors must comply with all airline protocols throughout their journey.
- Visitors must ensure that accommodation bookings are made only at licensed establishments or liveaboards that have been certified by the Public Health Authority.
- Booking vouchers reflecting the entire duration of stay in Seychelles must be presented at the Immigration counter for verification. Visitors without such a booking will be directed to another establishment that is certified.